Mackinac Island Realty





Information


ABOUT MACKINAC ISLAND

Mackinac Island is the truly “all natural” theme park of America.  82% of the Island is a State Park while the other 18% is privately owned.  Limited to transportation of horse and buggy, bicycle or foot and surrounded by water, it as escaped the vast changes of time.  Its real Victorian image is preserved and enhanced by a small population of 500 permanent residents and scores of summer residents, maintaining bluff cottages in original state.  Families, especially children, love their relatively new found “mobility”, exploring the historic, natural beauty of Mackinac Island State Park, honored by National Geographic as one of the ten finest in America.  

The calendar of events on Mackinac Island is highlighted by the Annual Lilac Festival, climaxed with one of the largest “All Horse Hitch” parades known.  The American Bus Association has designated Mackinac Island’s Lilac Festival as one of the nation’s top 100 tourist attractions.

GETTING THERE


In order to get to Mackinac Island by road, you must first travel to Mackinaw City in the Lower Peninsula of Michigan or St. Ignace in the Upper Peninsula.  The Mackinac Bridge spans the Lower and Upper Peninsulas connecting the two communities.  From here, scheduled ferryboat service is available throughout the day.  Ample parking is available on the mainland at all ferry docks.  Ferry tickets may be purchased on arrival at the docks.

FERRY SERVICES

Arnold Transit – 800-542-8528
Sheplers Mackinac Island Ferry – 800-828-6157
Star Line – 800-638-9892

BY AIR

You may also take a commercial airline from Detroit and Chicago to Pellston Airport, which is located 16 miles south of Mackinaw City.  Air taxi service is available between Mackinac Island and Pellston, as is taxi service between Pellston and the ferry docks.  Mackinac Island’s Airport has a 3,500 foot, lighted, paved runway, capable of handling private and charter aircraft.

AIR SERVICES

Great Lakes Air – 906-643-7165
Mackinac Island Airport – 906-847-3231
Air Services – 888-922-0406
Northwest – 800-225-2525

GROUND SERVICES

Mackinac Shuttle – 888-349-8294
Wolverine Stage – 800-825-1450

ISLAND AIRPORT WEATHER

906-847-3231

MARINA INFORMATION

Season:  May to October (slip general)

  • Services Available:  VHF-FM Radio (Channels 16, 9), 
  • Transient Dockage (4 day maximum), Water, Electricity 110 V., 30 amp/220 V., 50 amp, Restrooms & Showers, Holding Tank Pump-out.
  • Harbor Entrance:  Latitude 45 50’40” N / Longitude 84 36’42” W
  • Marina:  Latitude 45 50’57” N / Longitude 84 36’53” W
  • Phone 906-847-3561 / Off season:  231-627-9011
  • Harbormaster on duty:  7:30 am to 10 pm

For more detailed information and boat slip reservations visit the Michigan Department of Natural Resources

  Tuesday 25 July, 2017     3556248 requests since Monday 25 July, 2005